In a typical client engagement, COVID Health Project (CHP) provides testing kits, collects biological specimens, and analyzes specimens in licensed and CLIA/CAP-certified laboratories. Post-analysis, results are reported to the client and specimens are disposed of in compliance with industry standards and applicable law.
The client will arrange to have testing conducted at such locations and at times that are mutually agreed upon. CHP does not perform specimen collection. However, we can get you set up with a medical professional to administer tests if needed. We also have information available to help you interpret test results.
Tests are shipped to CLIA/CAP laboratories and results are reported to the Client online within 24-48 hours from the time the sample has been received at the lab.
The Client will:
- Arrange to have testing conducted at their location(s).
- Provide qualified medical personnel (persons with NPI) to collect the specimen as needed.
- Provide laptop and basic black and white printer (laser preferred).
- Provide power and Internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular connectivity).
- Own and manage collection site logistics (Traffic control, location to perform collection etc.).
CHP will provide the client with:
- Starter Bundle including testing kits and supplies:
- Complete specimen collection kits
- One USB Barcode scanner
- FedEx 3373 packs
- FedEx Return Shipping Labels
- Quick-start guide.
- On-line platform and account to order lab tests and view test results
- Client Support representative with contact number
- Refills of collection kits as needed
CLIA/CAP laboratories are located in California, Florida and Texas.
CHP will work with the client to establish a shipping method which will be paid for by the client. (FedEx overnight or private courier service).
CHP will provide Client access to a secure and HIPAA-compliant online system for ordering and tracking results. The client must input testing recipient’s data into the online system at the time of sample collection.